I. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
- Information you provide to us directly: We may collect personal information such as your first and last name, email address, and phone number when you sign up for our mailing list or complete our contact us form. If you request our services, we will also collect the information of the individual that requires bail, the bail amount and bail type, as well as any additional information you submit to us. We may combine this information with information collected from third party sources, such as third parties we partner with to provide our services.
- Information we collect from social and digital networks: We may receive information about you when you interact with us through various social media, for example, by liking our Facebook page, following us on Twitter or Instagram, or watching our content on Vimeo or YouTube. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with such social and digital network.
- Information we collect through third party providers: We may receive information about you from your disclosures to third party providers or collected by third party providers through your interaction with their services/products. The information that may be provided to us by third parties is: full name, age, gender, primary address, marital status, demographic and relationship information (e.g., has children, spouse full name), ratings and scores (e.g., net worth, income, total assets, sales volume, holdings, propensity to give score, affiliation may also be included.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and enhance our organization and our services. We may use this information to communicate with you, such as to send you email messages, newsletters, and to follow up with you to offer information about Bail Project.
We and our third-party partners may automatically collect information about you when you use the Service, as further explained below:
- Cookies. A cookie is a piece of information that a web server may place on your computer when you visit a website. A cookie will give us information about how you use the Services (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, and other actions you take on the Service).
- Tracking Technology. We may also collect or receive information about your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, information about your device, location, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, and how you interact with links on the Service, and other such information. We also use this information to personalize your experience on the Service and to analyze the use of our website by visitors in order to improve the Service.
- Third-party Analytics Service Providers. We use third-party service providers’ respective analytics tools to collect information about the use or related to the use of the Service. These third-party analytics service providers collect information such as how often users visit this Service, what other websites do users visit when they do so, and what other websites did users view prior to coming to this Service. We use that information we receive from the third-party analytics service providers to improve this Service and personalize the experience. One third-party Analytics service provide we use is Google Analytics, which collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site, rather than your name or other identifying information. You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to this site by disabling cookies on your browser. You may learn more about “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” by visiting https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
- Do Not Track. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our Users, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time, as we believe that there is no consistent industry standard for how to respond to Do Not Track browser settings.
The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. (To learn more about cookies and related technologies and how you may opt-out of some of this tracking, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org).
III. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We may share your personal information with:
- Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include managing our email forms and providing mailing services, providing tax and accounting services, providing our donations and store platforms, web hosting, providing analytic services, or procuring and reporting grants.
- Third parties who partner with us to help provide our services such as other foundations and funders.
- The public when you provide feedback or user content on our social media sites.
- Other parties in connection with an organization transaction, such as a merger, sale of the organization’s assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our organization by another organization or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings.
IV. WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE?
You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g., transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
V. HOW DO WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
Storage of Information. We will use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal data at all times that your information is collected through our website. However, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems. If any personal data under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
VI. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as users of the Service. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
VII. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
The Service may integrate with or contain links to other third-party sites and services. We are not responsible or liable for the practices employed by third party websites or services embedded in, linked to, or linked from the Service and your interactions with any third-party website or service are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies.
VIII. HOW TO CONTACT US
The Bail Project
PO Box 750
Venice, CA 90294