This sweepstakes has ended, but you can still donate below.
Hi! This is awesome! You made it here—that means you want to END cash bail and/or potentially win a Zoom with us! Both are very noble causes.
In all seriousness though, thank you for taking part in this sweepstakes. The current bail system is unacceptable—cash bail is one of the more hidden parts of systemic violence, racism and a driving factor of mass incarceration. By making a donation, you are helping SO many people fight the system, not only through The Bail Project’s National Revolving Bail Fund (that keeps reusing bail funds over and over) but through continual community support and policy change.
While the suggested donation to enter to win a virtual hang with us is $10, please, if you can, consider giving more. And then, obviously read up on The Bail Project on their site and Instagram, what they do, how many people they help, and how you can stay engaged. Thank you so much again for showing up and taking part in this. Hope we see you on ZOOM!!
Love, Abbi + Ilana
Abbi and Ilana’s Sweepstakes to End Cash Bail
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES ENTRANT’S FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL AGREEMENT TO AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- ENTRY PERIOD: Abbi and Ilana’s Sweepstakes to End Cash Bail (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on 8/3/20 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT 8/17/20 (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”).
- SPONSOR: Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer, 2049 Century Park East, Suite 1400, Los Angeles, CA 90067, (“Sponsor”).
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, including the District of Columbia, who are sixteen (16) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor or any of its parent companies, subsidiaries, vendors, and affiliated companies; or employees of any advertising, promotions, or public relations agencies doing business with any of the above, or any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, vendors, and affiliated companies; or employees of The Bail Project, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries or affiliated organizations; or a family member of any such employee (spouse, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they reside) or individuals living in the same household of such employees (whether or not related) (collectively, “Sweepstakes Parties”) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, territorial, municipal, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules (“Rules”) and the decisions of Sponsor (as defined below), which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserve the right to select the winner(s) and make all determinations necessary to the operation of the Sweepstakes in their sole and absolute discretion.
- PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): Three (3) winners will each receive a ½ hour (30 minute) virtual “meet and greet” with Abbi and Ilana from Broad City® via Zoom video conference on Tuesday, August 25th. If a winner is not available at such date and time as determined by Sponsor, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected. Limit: one prize per person. Total ARV of all prizes: $0. Sponsor is not responsible for technical difficulties (such as but not limited to no or poor internet connection, etc.) during the prize fulfillment. Winners must set up a Zoom account (which is free) in order to experience the virtual “meet and greet” with Abbi and Ilana from Broad City.
- ODDS: Odds of winning depends on the total number of eligible Entries received.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION/VERIFICATION: Three (3) winners will be selected via a random drawing from all valid Entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. All winners will be drawn on or about 8/18/20 from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor’s agent, whose decisions are final and binding. Potential winners will be notified initially by email using the email address associated with winning Entry. If a potential winner fails to respond within the requested three (3) business day period or if the email is returned as undeliverable or fails to reach the potential winners for any reason, including any potential winner’s use of a spam filter, or if such potential winner fails to respond for any reason to the notification as directed, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. The potential winners may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity (“Affidavit/Release”), within five (5) business days of the date specified on Affidavit/Release notification. If an entrant fails to comply within the aforementioned time period, or if an entrant is otherwise found to be ineligible, it may result in forfeiture of the prize and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of an alternate winner, if any. If prize notification letter is returned as undeliverable or if prize is forfeited, it will result in disqualification, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in a separate random drawing.
- PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, Entry, opinions and/or hometown, state, or country for promotional purposes in any media now known or hereinafter known, worldwide, in perpetuity without further notice, payment or consideration.
- RELEASE: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, all entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its absolute and sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible Entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or to be acting in violation of the Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, publishing errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prize. If for any reason an Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prize(s) offered herein.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California, U.S.A.
If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
- WINNER’S LIST: To request a Winner’s List, (available after 8/31/20), please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Abbi and Ilana’s Sweepstakes to End Cash Bail – Winners, 2049 Century Park East, Suite 1400, Los Angeles, CA Vermont residents may omit return postage.
- EMAIL PREFERENCE SERVICE: By providing your personal information and email address, you agree to receive future information from The Bail Project by email.
NoPurchNec. Ends 8/17/20. 16 yrs+.US/DC. Entry (free/donation) & Rules below. Void where prohibited.
Total dollars raised to end cash bail!
Thank you for reading. The Bail Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that is only able to provide direct services and sustain systems change work through donations from people like you. If you found value in this article, please consider supporting our work today.