Marina del Rey, CA
The Web and Digital Media Manageris responsible for maintaining and continually improving The Bail Project’s website, working with the rest of the communications team to ensure the website reflects the organization’s impact, strategy, and community. Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Web and Multimedia Manager will also lead the organization’s visual storytelling efforts, producing videos and images, and liaising with contractors as necessary. Strong collaboration with staff in offices across the country will be critical to success.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Manage a WordPress site and lead redesign initiatives, including interactive features and data visualizations.
- Keep WordPress software and plugins up to date
- Develop site content and graphics by coordinating with copywriters and graphic artists; designing images, icons, banners, etc.
- Responsible for analytics, performance, and SEO.
- Maintain appropriate security protocols and troubleshoot any issues.
- Maintain SQL database and edit via MySQL Workbench if necessary.
- Collaborate with Digital Engagement Manager to produce video content that captures the work and impact of our teams on the ground.
- Train communications staff in use of email marketing software, create templates and format emails as needed.
- Maintain equipment and software related to video production.
- Archive news mentions, press releases, reports, photography, and videos.
- Provide additional project support as assigned by the Director of Communications.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in a comparable position, preferably running nonprofit or media websites
- Significant experience with WordPress, preferably with a strong graphic design capacity
- Experience interacting with third-party APIs to submit or request data
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects)
- Familiarity with Salesforce Pardot
- Experience with cloud-based hosting and workflow
- Ability to use SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol)
- Agility to connect with the end-user using non-technical language; ability to exhibit patience when working with or training end-users
- Keen ability to research and analyze business processes and apply strong problem solving skills for workable solutions
- Excellent attention to detail and quality-assurance skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with team members to evaluate project requirements and needs
- Strong project management skills with the ability to handle simultaneous projects; ability to prioritize a variety of tasks and respond to requests quickly and accurately
- Ability to tell a compelling story through online video. Experience video editing political / criminal justice-related content strongly preferred
- Flexibility to travel within the U.S.
- A passion for the mission of The Bail Project
The right candidate will be highly organized and comfortable working independently as well as in collaborative teams. Willingness to adapt to the change inherent in a rapidly scaling startup are essential. We especially welcome applications from individuals who have been impacted by the criminal legal system.
HOW TO APPLY
This is an LA-based position.Interested applicants should submit a cover letter with resume and portfolio in a single PDF to careers @ bailproject.org with “Web and Digital Media Manager” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. No faxes or phone calls please. Applicants will be notified regarding whether or not they have been selected for an interview. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT COVER LETTERS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED
Go to all jobs