Marina del Rey, CA
The Digital Engagement Managerwill be responsible for implementing The Bail Project’s communications strategy for social media and email. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about criminal justice reform and understands the power of social media to educate and inspire online audiences to get involved. This is a position that requires creative thinking, powerful storytelling, excellent judgment managing an organizational voice in social media channels, and deep collaboration with multiple teams across the country.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Define and drive social media strategy, helping to develop the organizational voice and tone, and using social media to enhance storytelling and interaction with supporters.
- Maintain editorial calendar for social media accounts, produce daily content, and define key performance indicators to inform strategy.
- Track data and analytics for social media accounts and email program.
- Monitor social media comments to engage community.
- Conceptualize visual assets for social media and liaise with graphic designers.
- Serve as the organization’s social media expert, collaborating with site coordinators to run local social media accounts using best practices.
- Work with the Web and Multimedia Manager to conceptualize and produce videos.
- Present monthly reports on social media strategy and growth.
- Work with the communications and philanthropy teams to implement email program.
- Produce copy for periodic web updates.
- Develop and maintain story database, building an easy-to-use archive of client and staff stories for media and policy advocacy.
- Stay up to date with news and policy developments regarding criminal justice reform efforts and bail in particular.
- Provide additional project support as assigned by the Director of Communications.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Minimum 3-years of experience in social media or digital journalism
- Deep understanding of social media channels and trends
- Track record running social media accounts for a non-profit or media outlet
- Knowledge of WordPress and Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- A passion for the mission of The Bail Project
The right candidate will be highly organized and comfortable working independently as well as in collaborative teams. Willingness to adapt to the change inherent in a rapidly scaling startup are essential. We especially welcome applications from individuals who have been impacted by the criminal legal system.
HOW TO APPLY
This is an LA-based position.Interested applicants should submit a cover letter with resume and two writing samples in a single PDF to careers @ bailproject.org with “Digital Engagement Manager” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. No faxes or phone calls please. Applicants will be notified regarding whether or not they have been selected for an interview. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT COVER LETTERS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
Go to all jobs